Saturday, September 12, 2026

PET PEEVES AND A SIDE NOTE

As you can imagine, I have many pet peeves that I have formed over the years. Here they are! 1)The phrase "Welcome In". Hosts of restaurants and stores greet you with this annoying phrase. Why not just say WELCOME? 2)Double Dipping 3)Close talkers 4)The driver who speeds by you and then drives at a snail's pace in front of you 5)The person who talks loudly or uses the speaker on their phone while walking or in the office. Headphones!! 6)People picking their nose (anytime) but in their car. Your windows are clear-we see you! 7)Using the fast track cart in the grocery store to save time, but still having to call over the associate anyway-no longer a time saver 8)Several waitstaff standing around; restaurant is basically empty, and you're sitting there for 15 minutes until you finally request someone to acknowledge your presence 9)People who don't yield at the yield sign. Do you not know the definition of yield? 10)Resevation made at a restaurant but they have no intention of honoring the time you made it for 11)Using fingers at a buffet rather than the tongs 12)Charging for ice in a restaurant 13)Getting home from picking up takeout, and finding out your order is wrong 14) Raw onions, anchovies, liverwurst, sardines 15)Unmade beds 16)Cold soup (that's supposed to be hot) 17)Food that's supposed to be hot, but comes to your table cold 18)Not having water glasses and coffee cups refilled 19)The 30 minutes of trailers before the movie starts 20)Nicole Kidman wearing the same navy and silver pin-striped suit (for the last 10 years) in the trailer before the movie starts 21)Under done bacon/ Over cooked poached eggs 22)Loud chewers 23)Leaving the shopping cart in a parking space 24)USB plugs-why cant there by one universal size for everything? A SIDE NOTE: This weekend I will have the thrill of attending my niece's wedding. I am emotional, excited, and reflective as the day approaches. It also happens to be occuring at the venue where my husband and I got married 49 years ago (tomorrow). Watching my niece and her fiance, I am constantly aware that she, too, will be "marrying a JUD". Actually, Aaron is his real name, but I'm coining the new phrase "marrying a Jud". Aaron is a true gem-just like Jud. It is extremely rare to find a human who is special in so many ways. Both these men are sweet and kind, always have a smile (no matter what time of day/night), are hard working and ambitious, are loving and caring partners, exhibit confidence and brilliance, and are always thoughtful. Did I mention their love of golf? I would be remiss at not mentioning how lucky Aaron is to be marrying my spectacular, intelligent, and beautiful niece, Jennifer! Wishing you both a marriage that always makes you feel warm inside, brings you continual joy, and feeds your soul. I love you both. And, A Happy Anniversary to the "real Jud". Love you too! PEACE OUT-ONE B

No comments:

Post a Comment